Skip to main content

These Dangerous Girls Placed Me Into Jeopardy v2c35


Volume 2, Chapter 35: Maid, Meimei

TL: flarewk

31st of March, morning.

I woke up and gave the blanket to the curled-up meimei lying beside me, and afterwards got up from bed to go wash myself up. Although Xin Ran was sleeping in my room yesterday night, she didn't touch me at all, probably as she was concerned about my wound.

Although I'm quite happy that she was so caring onto me, but in reality, my wound wasn't that serious too............

I couldn't recall clearly on how I had managed to reach the hospital, but in any case, I'm already lying on the hospital bed when I woke up, with Ke Ling crying to a mess and Laomā plus Xin Ran also worriedly looking at me. Not only had they fed me lunch, they even wanted to follow me as well when I needed to go to the toilet.

Please! I'm also not a handicapped person! Must it be till this way?

It's really making a mountain out of a molehill...........

Also, the most baffling thing I heard from Laomā was, that from the first day that I'm in hospital, Ji Lian Bing also stayed inside the ward for the entire day throughout. Laomā also said that she's a good girl that knew how to take care of people, and asked me to properly take care of her and so on, which only made me wanting to frown my eyebrows.

Plus, that person even came on the second day, and the third day too..........up till yesterday, she basically would come every afternoon and stay for a few hours.

It's so mystifying.

To be frank, I thought that she would seize this chance to get rid of me.

Even though at that time when she could just ignore my dying state, she would then according to her wishes, obtain a fresh corpse that died due to an overloss of blood.

But in the end, she actually chose a 'save me' option that I thought it most impossible to happen.

Then again, I also had a rough guesstimate onto this point as well.

I guess that she's probably thinking onto wanting to 'personally' kill me.

Not lending any sort of external factors, and only depending on her own abilities to get rid of me.

Being able to conjecture this out, was primarily based on those words she had said to me. She said that she hadn't killed people yet, and wanted to give her 'virgin kill' to me, and those statements shouldn't be false.

Thinking back to the very beginning, before I was able to see Ji Lian Bing's title, I completely didn't know that she was a homicidal maniac. Not only me too, others also didn't realize about Ji Lian Bing's abnormality.

At that time, I just only felt that she could actually disguise it to be extremely well; a serial killer lurking amongst our midst, and yet we were still like naive rabbits waiting for its' execution, being completely in the unknown about it.

But thinking back to it right now, it's because she indeed hadn't killed anyone yet, hence there's essentially no such evidence of it being left behind at all.

Also was her pride that wouldn't allow her to do stuff that were extremely advantageous to her as well, if not she wouldn't proactively request out that condition of me being her boyfriend at all.

A pity was that it's not much of a danging deal when she forked over her virginity kill, but if I was to give up my virginity death then I'm completely unsavable already. As reality wasn't like the game world at all, if a person dies then he'll be really dead, there's fundamentally no choice for him to be revived at all.

As for the reason for why I'm injured, of course I couldn't say that it's being due to deceased dead's assaults, but luckily Ji Lian Bing already helped me to fabricate out an excuse beforehand, saying that she had almost tripped from the stairs but was being protected by me instead.

I guess only Laobà would know about this lie, because those wounds doesn't looked to be 'trip injuries' at all.

Speaking of which, Laobà too really, he actually wanted me to stay in the hospital for a week to recuperate, but I felt that there's basically no such need for that...........I should say that there shouldn't even be a need for me to stay in the hospital at all.

In the end, it's only that wound at my abdomen that's slightly more serious, it being given roughly 5 to 6 stitches, and as for other wounds on me, they weren't even worth mentioning at all.

Hence during yesterday afternoon, I secretly completed the hospital discharging arrangements and went on home.

While using warm water to rinse my face, I felt a sharp pain on my cheeks, as those minuscule wounds emanated out needle-like achings.

After finishing rinsing my face, I used a wet towel to wipe off those water droplets, and took out plasters that I've long prepared and pasted it on the left of my cheeks and forehead.

Although it may seem a little ugly, but it's way better than being bandaged up, as bandages gave me a rather...........Mm, sort of chuunibyou feeling.

Finishing my washing up, I put on clear lenses glasses thereafter, and for the sake of making breakfast and lunchboxes, I proceeded to the first floor like usual.

But when I wanted to enter into the kitchen, I actually realized that there's already someone over there.

However, it's not a family member, but a figure that I've never seen before instead. What's baffling was that, that figure blended with my house's kitchen table area very harmoniously, just like as if she had long been used to be making meals there, saturated full of an experienced atmosphere.

The most crucial point was that outfit...........no matter how I looked at it...........it's a maid outfit...........

The maid outfit which had black and white intersecting with each other under her accompaniment seemed to have become alive, with layers and layers of black and white laces, dignified yet not losing elegance out.

Although I had only seen her 2 or 3 times before, but this person should be Xue Li-xiaojie, I think.

I tentatively took off my spectacles to glance at the other party's status, it's indeed Xue Li-xiaojie.

But why would Xue Li-xiaojie be in my house? Wasn't she Ji Lian Bing's maid? It can't be that she once again sneaked into my house, right? Sneaking into our house just to prepare breakfast for us? What the heck's it for?

"Uuu.........."

I who had my mind filled with questions, accidentally gave off a voice.

After Xue Li-xiaojie had heard onto my voice, she turned around, gave off a slight smile, placed both hands in front of her body, and respectfully gave me a bow.

"Jun Cheng-shàoye, good morning."

"Ohh, good morning.........."

The question that I originally wanted to ask had entirely vanished under this bout of impactful greeting.

This is a maid~! Being able to see a maid early in the morning, it's exactly a dreamlike scene!

"May I ask whether if you would like to have chinese or western for breakfast?"

(TL: her tone was using 您, which is a very formal "you")

"Err, I'll just have porridge in the morning..........."

"Alright, understood. Please wait for a short moment, I'll immediately finish up making breakfast."

I dazedly nodded, and sat onto the chair, with my head hinged sideways looking at the kitchen-busying Xue Li-xiaojie, with a kind of weird sensation filling up my heart.

How long was it been that I was sitting like that by the dining table, watching others preparing breakfast, huh...........

Seeing the figure of a maid outfit, there's some kind of rash urge onto just wanting to go and hug her from behind...........

No wait, right now wasn't the time to feel reminiscent nor to be indulging into maids! Ultimately, why would Xue Li-xiaojie be in my house!

"Um, Xue Li-xiaojie, how did you enter my house..........."

(TL: MC also used a polite form of "you" here)

"Rest easy, I didn't sneak into here. It's during last night when Jun Cheng-shàoye had fallen asleep, that I knocked on the door here paying a visit. Homeowner-dàren had already permissioned me to stay here, and had already given me the house's key."

"Err, the homeowner was referring to my Laobà?"

"That's correct, Jun Cheng-shàoye's Father-dàren had returned home last night at around 11 pm, and had set off not too long ago when you had woken up after having breakfast."

Wah, still as late as usual again...........but being able to return home alone wasn't a very simple task already.

Recently, Laobà was the same as Laomā, being busy to the point where they were frenziedly hectic, with the majority of his time being spent in the hospital. If it's the past, although Laobà would be busy, he would still at the very latest return home by 7 pm at night, unlike now when I couldn't even see the shadow of him around.

"...........Recently there's been quite a lot of overtime huh."

"Indeed, because of the recent continuous happenings of murders, hence the hospital and the mortuary are very hectic."

"Mm? Murder cases?"

"Yes indeed, hence for your own safety, I will be picking you up after the night self-revisions ended."

"You don't need to go through all these troubles, right.........."

"No, this was entrusted by dàxiaojie, before your wounds fully recover, I will be staying here taking care of you always."

After Xue Li-xiaojie served up an exquisite set of breakfast, she had a serious look on her face as she told me, completely disallowing me onto reject it.

"Also, dàxiaojie wanted me to pass a message to you."

"What message?"

Xue Li-xiaojie didn't immediately repeat the message that Ji Lian Bing wanted to pass to me, but closed up her eyes and remained silent for 3 seconds, and when she opened it up thereafter..........

"Huhuhuhu~ Cheng Jun, you actually discharged yourself in advance, hm? What a disobedient boyfriend, your injury still hadn't recovered, someoneee is still deeply worried about you toooo~~ so I sent Xue Li to take care of you..........Mn, it's also considered to be compensation from last time, using maids to trick you to the cafe too. Since Cheng Jun's such a maid-con, as long as you see a maid you'll be unable to endure it anymore, right? Huhuhuhu~ If you can't control your beastly urges, you can request it from Xue Li, hmm? But I'll tell you this in advance, Xue Li's not only my maid, she's my educator as well~. And so, if you want to forcefully push her, it's not that easy too, huhuhu..........."

(TL: someoneee is a cute third-party form of addressing oneself. see glossary for more)

"Cough cough!"

I've nearly spat out the porridge inside my mouth!

This was too impressive already! Perfectly emulating Ji Lian Bing's tone, even the expression was acted out extremely precise-looking, it's as if she herself was standing right here!

Xue Li-xiaojie, you're too perfect already huh!

"It's roughly like that."

I a little awkwardly glanced at the still smiling Xue Li, and stammeringly opened my mouth to explain.

"Umm, I, I'm not........."

Xue Li-xiaojie gave me a kind understanding chuckle, as if she had seen through my inner thoughts as she spoke.

"Rest assured, Jun Cheng-shàoye, even if you have a few expectations onto maids, I also won't be despising onto you. You may as well say that it's my honor..........Mm, of course, if you require it, I can use my hands to help you resolve your psychological needs."

"Cough cough cough cough! No need for thaat!"

No wonder I had a distinct feeling that Xue Li-xiaojie and Ji Lian Bing would have many similar things in common, especially with that unrelenting attitude and that smiling expression, it's just like as if it was being reprinted out.

So it's because Xue Li-xiaojie was Ji Lian Bing's educator huh..........

No wonder she's a [Perfect type Head maid].

"Gege? Who are you talking to..........."

"Mm? Oh, Ke Ling, you're quite early today."

It's Ke Ling who had walked in, but she actually woke up so early today?

"Wahhh~ Maid-chan~"

Pa ta pa ta pa ta.

Ke Ling gave a small dash as she pounced over, waist-hugging Xue Li-xiaojie.

She 'gu lu gu lu' rotated about in a circle, blinking her brightly shining huge eyes.

"Ai ya, Ke Ling-xiaojie, you're rather energetic too." 

Aah, now that I remember, Ke Ling also liked maids a lot..........I remember that she even bought a set of maid outfit through online shopping and wore it a few times in front of me. Only that because the damage inflicted was too big (too cute), that I afterwards forbid her onto wearing maid outfits already.

"Mm, it's all thanks to you waking me up, Xue Li!"

No wonder Ke Ling was able to wake up that early today, so it's because Xue Li-xiaojie had went on to wake Ke Ling up already...........wait, from just now Xue Li-xiaojie was all along at the kitchen counter area, so when did she exactly go call Ke Ling up from bed!! It can't be that maid-xiaojie could also even perform body splitting techniques too?!

"Huhu, if you're willing, I can also wake you up everyday too."

"Wahhh~ That really helped out a lot, Ke Ling really liked, really really liked maids~! Gege also liked maids very much too~"

"Being able to be liked by shàoye and xiaojie is my honor indeed."

"Since Xue Li is so talented, everyone will definitely like you tooo~ it's only a pity that you aren't my house maid.........."

"You can also treat me like your own house's maid as well."

"How can I do that? Xue Li's original owner would be reluctant onto missing Xue Li, right?"

"Dàxiaojie isn't my master, plus other than me there's still other maids around as well. They will be replacing me onto taking good care of dàxiaojie, so Ke Ling-xiaojie just need to give me orders as per your wishes."

"Really? That's great! Xue Li being able to be my house's maid, Ke Ling will be extremely happy~!"

"Huhuhuhu, I'm also very delighted being able to serve shàoye and xiaojie too."

".........."

...........Even though the both of them were smiling harmoniously, why did I feel a mysterious-like pressure..........and I had the distinct feeling that there's some hidden meaning in their conversation too...........

Seeing both of them being affectionate ? about with each other, I suddenly developed a feeling of having my presence being gradually vanishing..........just like the same when during class.

I quietly said a 'I've finished eating', grabbing my bag and walked towards the door entrance afterwards.

Wearing my shoes properly, I was about to leave the house when I'm being called out.

"Please hold on for a moment, Jun Cheng-shàoye."

"Mm?"

Xue Li-xiaojie went to my front, tidied my collar, placed a clean napkin into my pocket, and handed a lunchbox towards me afterwards, as she gave me a bonding smile, saying.

"Jun Cheng-shàoye, I wish you a safe trip."

Waah, it's so dazzling..........so this is a maid's healing powers..........

"Aah, sure."

After I walked out of my house's door roughly about 4 to 5 steps later, I instantaneously felt a bout of perilous aura emanating out from home.

...........I had the general feeling that if I was to head back right now, I'll be able to see some exceedingly disastrous happenings.

I distinctly felt, that my home wouldn't be that place of tranquility already..........

Hopefully it's only my misconception...........


-ch 35 end-



(3558 words to tl)

Footnotes:
chuunibyou = aka eighth grader syndrome

danging deal = The author used a slang (鸟事), so I subbed in informally too.

someoneee (人家) = In previous chapters, sometimes when Lian Bing wanted to spoil cutely to the MC, she would address herself as that. I originally didn't know how to translate terms on how a girl would act "cutely", hence I just used "I" and tried to stretch out the sentence cuter instead.

Originally, I did think of using 'someone' itself, but it seemed to aloof and distant in the english language, thus I just kept using "I" while churning out more translated chapters. Then, while I was eating cadbury earlier on, an idea struck me! Just make the 'someone' cuter-looking! Thus 'someoneee' was born, and it did looked great too!

In any case, this term is referred in third party to oneself, and it's often used in CN writing when a female wants to cutely spoil up towards a male. It's the best I could do to preserve the writing style and interpretation already -3-. (Yes it's used rather often, even in LDD/FFF too)

Oh and, if you don't know what's "spoil cutely (撒娇)", it's when a girl tries to feign cuteness in front of you while asking you for a favor, usually she's so immensely cute at her acting that you just had no choice but to comply, all of the damned time.

body splitting techniques = Think Ninjitsu human splitting you see often in anime. A good example would be speed-o-sound-sonic/ Saitama from One Punch Man.

Glossary:
meimei = younger sister

Laomā = informal way to address 'mother'

Laobà = informal way to address 'father'

-xiaojie = a suffix which refers to a lady being addressed politely

-shàoye = a suffix that basically means 'master'.

-dàren = it's a suffix which refers to someone very respectfully, uh. It basically puts the person in a level above yourself, in statue to show respect to him/her. Can be male/female

dàxiaojie = it means 'miss', in surmise. 

gege = elder brother

-chan = a suffix (yes, it's that jp suffix being indicated), that uh, indicates closeness and affection towards a person

Comments

  1. Ahahahahaha both of them testing the water. I'm quite impress with Jun Cheng sense of danger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the delicious chap.
    MAID MAID MAID
    MAID MAID
    MAID

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect type Head Maid. Need to know clearly about this "Perfect type" meaning.
    Thanks for the chapter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Peter Parker would be impressed with Jun Cheng's sensing of danger.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How many chapter left till we caught to the raw?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 12+ i think, and it will be increasing as the author spew out daily updates

      Delete
    2. When will be the next update ? will we have it by today midnight ?

      Delete
    3. don't think will be done by midnight, it's a 3.5k word chapter..... maybe past midnight? 2+ at worst?

      Delete
    4. Uh, 3.2k word chapter*, but im feeling lazy :P

      Delete
  6. Heh, maid was sent there to keep the sisters in check and to take care of him as well.

    Thanks for the chapter

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yandere wars begin.... Fufufufufufufufufufufufufufufufufufufufufufufufufufufu

    ReplyDelete
  8. Were chapter 34 and 35 switched? The timeline seems off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's reminiscing 3 days prior, about how he came to be in that perilous situation from ch34.

      Delete
  9. Thanks for the chapter flarewk! The sister knows his tastes too well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. MEIMEI'S vs. MAID warrrrrrsss!!!!!!!
    and wow our MC sensing danger is already surpassed spiderman :3

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah i just want to read the pov's now

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes pov are a must !
    Thanks for the chapter

    ReplyDelete
  13. I tentatively took off my spectacles to glance at the other party's status, it's indeed Xue Li-xiaojie.

    I really wonder why he would even wear these, isn't it better to be aware of things in your surrounding even if you wish the things you see wasn't true? Also, the author gave no explanation as to why a mere pair of worthless, transparent spectacles would block it. So, if he had to wear glasses to see properly, he wouldn't be able to use his ability, the same for lenses? That's just fucking stupid. A supernatural ability stopped because of transparent lenses that has no use whatsoever. Come on. It's not even made of special materials.

    Mm, of course, if you require it, I can use my hands to help you resolve your psychological needs."

    Are you sure it's not supposed to be "physiological needs"? How would her using her hands help his psychological needs?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lol i probably am as clueless as him on the content of their conversation at least i can tell its enemity and asking her to serve their house was probably asking her to switch sides.... Am curious now, can anyone explain the convo?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment