Skip to main content

Chronicles of an Extreme Yandere v1c3


3rd revamped chapter. This started to be longer than I've expected...

Volume 1, Chapter 3 - Accident

TL: flarewk
Editor: SoushiYC

"So that means yesterday you and Shou-laoshi lived together?"

"Mm, speaking of which, you called me yesterday, right? Sorry, I was feeling tired so I just went to sleep, so I didn't pick up the call."

"It's alright, I only wanted you to play [Survive] with me to show those fellas our spirit of teamwork."

"That so. Oh yeah, do you know good-teacher rather well?"

"I guess, since my sister was one of the unlucky victims who couldn't return home that day."

"Eehh........ so it's that day,....... when you overslept and missed the bus to school."

"Please don't say it like that. Also, did you called me up to the rooftop just to tell me about this?"

"Course not, here, take a look at this."

I took out two lunchboxes from the package that i was holding with my hands, one filled to the brim with rice, another with freshly-cooked dishes. Both lunchboxes had such an enormous amount that I'm definitely sure that I can't finish all of them by myself.

"Actually I wanted to call over that brat Lu Bin to eat as well, but he was forced to stay back as he actually forgot to do his homework."

"Ha, it's his own loss then."

I gave a portion of the rice to Guan Guo, before beginning to 
chat leisurely.

"Oh, right. Actually, I wanted to ask you if you knew more stuffs regarding Shou-laoshi."

"About the news regarding good-teacher, everyone already heard of it, and what I know about this is almost the same as what is being shown on the notice boards."

"Tell me about the portion which aren't included in the rumors."

"You're the same as ever, being a busybody and all."

"I'm not being a busybody, i'm just trying to know more about this 'jiejie', that's all."

Guan Guo paused, before whispering: "Actually, I recently heard a bad rumor floating around about her."

"Heh, sounds interesting."

"You know that our school have a special building just for the medical facilities right? And it was generally forbidden for students to enter that area and the only permitted people allowed to go in are the medical staffs. But a few days back........... probably a week ago, a huge amount of paralytic drugs were discovered stolen from there, and it was the same coincidental day that Shou-laoshi obtained permission to enter the area."

"But this can't prove anything, right?"

"That's right, that's what everyone thought too."

Both of us kept silent for a while, and this in-fact made me think that jiejie might be a suspect for the theft case. The question is, if it's really her who did it, what would she use those drugs for anyway?

"Gege! Didn't we agree earlier that you're to accompany me to the library!"

A girl who had the same facial appearance as Guan Guo but appeared waaay cuter had suddenly kicked the rooftop's door open with a single foot; you could say that she appeared rather brusquely.

"Sorry sorry, I was slightly busy with some stuffs, so I've decided not to go."

The girl's face expression was filled with extreme rage. But when she was about to voice out her anger, she discovered there was someone beside her brother.

"Yuchen-ge!?"

She only just noticed me!?

"Yo, you're still the same aren't you."

"Of course not, Yuchen-ge!! Are you feeling better already?"

"Hey, it's just a small scratch, you don't need to worry about that."

"Is it? Well then alright."

Afterwards, we told the story of how Shou Yuqian become my onee-chan and our suspicion of her to Guan Guo's sister.

"Impossible!" Her head shook frantically like a sea wave, as if to deny this rumor with all of her might.

"That so..."

I slowly realized, the more I wanted to look for an answer to this question, the more the uneasiness in my heart grew. What Shou Yuqian brought wasn't the warmth of having a family, but a more familiar kind of feeling, akin to the trauma I had ever since I was a child.

"I think you're getting too worked up over this, Yuchen. I know that incident when you're young caused you quite an amount of shock, but don't you think that becoming paranoid of all the girls around you because of that incident will have a tremendous impact on your future."

"Hey, I wasn't paranoid of all the girls around me!"

"Āh' Ting!"   

"Got it!"

Guan Ting then suddenly shifted close to me, and almost instantaneously, my body shot backwards in reflex, widening a gap between us.

"Told you."

"Don't you think a normal person would also try to dodge this kind of unexpected assault on him!?"

At this moment, the bell signifying the end of the lunch period rang, and Guan Ting stood up with a 'soh' sound.

"Aah! It's all gege's fault! You've made me forgot about going to the school's library!" She dashed off like an arrow as soon as she finished saying that.

"As usual, quickly coming and leaving huh...."

"Not bad eh, my sister being so energetic and all."

After a while, a girl's scream could be heard from the stairs, accompanied by sounds of various collisions.

"Aren't you going to calm her down?"

"It's fine, it's fine."

Afternoon's class would be jiejie's, and when she saw me and Guan Guo entering her class late, her face didn't show any expression of unhappiness, but she remained smiling gently as she gave us a warning before starting the lesson.



"Want to stay over at my house today?"

"Ha? What are you talking about so suddenly."

"I said, come stay over at my house for today. Hasn't it been a very long time that you came over to play since the holidays."

"I'm not talking about that. I meant, how would Guan Ting feel about this."

"I don't mind~"

What happened to these two siblings today?

"I've already started to understand, Yuchen, if you don't cure your heart problem, then you'll be destined to be alone in the future!"

"So we planned to use this 'cohabiting with a girl of the same age' plan to see if it would help you."

"Not again!?"

And so, I was forcibly dragged over to their house.

Although I often came here in the past, now that his sister Guan Ting is around, I could not help but feel a little nervous. Not because of embarrassment, but due to me not being used to it.

But luckily, Guan Guo is aware of my trauma from childhood, so he tried to avoid placing me in situations where i would be alone with Guan Ting, or to have both of us in physical contact with each other. For which, I am deeply grateful for him. Although I don't know whether it's because Guan Guo is a sis-con........

Midnight was my most hated time of the night, because during pitch blackness, any small sound could frighten me awake.

Pa ta, Pa ta, Pa ta.

The sound of footsteps!

I immediately became wide awake, and I momentarily entered a state of battling mode. As the sound of footsteps became closer and closer, my body felt like it was struck by electricity, as I swiftly backed myself to the corners of the living room.

"Yu, Yuchen-ge?"

"Ohh, it's Guan Ting, sorry, I scared you didn't I."

"No, I should be, sorry."

An awkward atmosphere engulfed us, although I really wanted to head back to the sofa and continue sleeping, Guan Ting still stood there like a log, making me feel uneasy on heading back.

"Can you listen to what I have to say?"

And so, the both of us moved to the living room, and after Guan Ting took out two cups of milk, she begun to speak: "Yuchen-ge, you probably know about it, the story about my brother's left eye."

"Mm, I've heard of it from him before, it was done by a robber who had attempted to rob your house during midnight before, right?"

"That's right, at that time, that man not only stole money from our house, but had also planned to kidnap me too. But fortunately, gege heard the commotion from my room, then fought with the robber ferociously..... But because he was still a small student at that time, he didn't have the strength to fight back, so he had one of his eyes stabbed blind by that man."

Guan Ting drank a mouthful of milk, as she dreamily described the scenario with a nonchalant expression.

Actually I've heard what she just said from Guan Guo before, except that he had told me the 'hero version' of him saving the entire family from fighting off the robber, and I suppose that Guan Ting's version is probably more realistically closer to the truth.

"After that incident I became like this. I'm unable to sleep between 1 to 2 AM, so I'll find something to do during that time.... like helping my childish gege cover his blankets, or go downstairs to learn some cooking and so on."

Actually.... thinking it through, they had a roughly similar situation to mine too......

"But tonight, I could sleep even more better than usual..... because Yuchen-ge is around."

"Hahahahaha, you sure know how to joke around."

"It's not a joke~! Actually, I'm..... I've always!!"

KluuuuhhTaaaangggg————————!

And suddenly we heard a sound of some blunt object striking the windows of the kitchen followed by the sound of glass shattering. Immediately, Guan Ting looked as if she had lost her soul, her whole body froze as she just stood there dumbly.

"Wha- what happened!"

An unkempt Guan Guo ran out from his room, and immediately saw the frozen Guan Ting.

"I'll go to the kitchen to take a look!"

Allowing Guan Guo to look after his sister first, I quickly dashed into the kitchen, and what came into my sight was a floor full of shattered glass, and a bat that was bleeding profusely from it's head.

(TL: The adventures of Batchen and Guobin!!)

I heaved a sigh of relief: so this was just an accident after all.

The next day——————

"Sorry, my sister must have given you a fright last night. Nowadays whenever she got frightened in the dark she would just faint all of a sudden, and it would be the same even if she's in the midst of doing something."

"I understand, because that sort of thing happened before."

Guan Ting had already recovered from it, and she was now already sleeping. I didn't want to intrude on siblings any further, so early in the morning I bade Guan Guo farewell.

"Well then, I'm off. For my precious Saturday, I'm thinking of sleeping throughout the entire day."

"True, after last night's events, even I couldn't sleep well either."

"Well, see ya!"

Afterwards, I took a morning cab all the way back to my house district, the time now is about 5 am plus. I've got to quickly go home and sleep when there's still some drowsiness in me.

But when I've walked to my house entrance, an unpleasantly tragic event appeared before me.

My house had caught fire........ and it was burnt down entirely to the ground......

"Ai~yah, you're 603's resident aren't you, luckily you were not at home yesterday, or you would be just like the old man beside you, burnt to ashes."

"What happened? Wasn't it fine yesterday?"

I couldn't believe it; it wasn't even a day and my house had turned into such a state.

"605's Chen-dàye was boiling wine to drink, when he suddenly had his heart attack and fell over. He was coincidentally holding onto a bottle of white wine when he fell, and when he collapsed onto the floor an extremely large quantity of white wine splashed onto the gas stove that was still boiling water, and then 'bang' , it became just like that."

My god! You can't be serious about this!?

"Xiao' Chen!"

I still had not returned back to my senses and I was suddenly tightly bear-hugged by a lady with a fresh fragrance surrounding her.

"Thank god...... thank god that you're alright....." It was jiejie's voice, don't tell me that she was waiting for me here all this time.

"Jiejie, you're hugging me too tightly... don't worry, I'm fine."

A few moments later, jiejie then reluctantly let go of me, with an unsatisfied lingering expression on her face.

"The house....... is destroyed."

"Yeah......."

"Xiao' Chen, do you have any other place to live?"

"For now...... there's none..."

At this very moment, I saw something on my nee-chan's face that could only be described as 'ecstatic'.

"Well there's no choice then, Xiao' Chen will come live with me together temporarily for now."

"Eehhh!? Can I??"

"Of course, we are a family~"

Family, this word etched into my brain like some sort of a magic spell.... As expected, nee-chan is really thoughtful and caring for me. Yet, I've kept suspecting her again and again. And at this very moment, I felt ashamed and angry at myself who asked so many questions about her, but at the same time I was also thankful, looks like my dad found me an extremely good jiejie.

"Thanks, jiejie."



-ch 3 end-

(<3105 words to tl)

Glossary:
jiejie = 'elder sister'

-dà-ye = 'elderly lord', it's a suffix, think of it as a respectful way to address an elderly person. It's like the jp term '-sama' except pinpointed to an elderly person

-ge = 'elder brother', it's a suffix, shortcutted to show close affection.

gege = 'elder brother'

Āh' = a suffix placed in front, this generally means nothing at all, and is used to represent closeness to a person.

Comments

  1. Guan Ting is so dead. So is the brother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn. Why every yandere must burn the house and the parents. Well, i can understand if about the parents, but why the house must be burned too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wut?

      I can not understand killing the MC's parents to get him to love you

      Delete
    2. Having read the "Its my life" manga. I understand your feelings.

      Delete
    3. well, in this case, killing the parents doesn't make sense cause in this setting, they're not blood related, SO IT'S LEGAL :D But the house is a different story, the reason she burned the house down is to get outoto-kun in her house with all her "necessities" at her disposal. But she may have killed the parents to remove any future obstacles :|

      Delete
    4. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    5. There parents are not dead guys, they're in New York for their honeymoon. She just didn't want to live separated from her Otouto-kun so she burnt the house to get him to live with her.

      Delete
  3. IT'S A SERIAL ARSONIST AND KILLER, RUN LAD, RUN~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Could you add the speaker's name at the side of the text ?
    Except for maybe moments where its intentionally kept unknown like how onee-chan bear hugged him from behind .
    Cause sometimes its really confusing to know who is the one speaking , especially if it feels like the same person spoke twice .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry, i can't do that.....

      It was the way howhe author wrote it, and I didn't want to somewhat ruin his way of writing.

      Well, I guess that normally it would be clearly implied, based on the sentence itself, that the reader would understand who was talking and who on.

      It might be presumptous of me, but I presume that the author had intended it to be of this way as he want the reader to be in a fully-immersed state of reading this novel, slowly rather than skimming it, and that when he comes across dialogues like this, he would be naturally go: oh, so it's who-and-who who said this no doubt, based on the context earlier.

      Hope you understood! and thanks for the feedback!

      Delete
    2. Hmm , i was thinking of the subtleties in language spoken which get lost in the translation , like how Guan Ting / that best friend's sister might refer to herself in third person instead of using an 'I' therefore the reader might have a hard time knowing exactly who is speaking .

      Tough yeah , there are enough context clues but sometimes have to read before and after the dialogue to know who spoke it .

      On another note tough the novel is written in 1st person which instantly makes it a lot better so there's no need to change / add names to the side .

      But still it is weird if one character speaks twice , kinda breaks the flow , maybe that's just me , nvm .

      Delete
    3. No, firstly it will be very, very rare that a person would speak twice in a row. Normally it would be once, followed by another person's response.

      Well, on another note, about character appendices, I try to stay close to the personalization as close as possible, for example whenever a person tries to talk cutely i add a "~", or do word extensions like "cuuuuuuute".

      Using the example of Guo Ting's speech to refer to herself, in chinese luckily there wasn't any complex wordings like boku or watashiy like japanese. We only can refer to her general personalization like the fact we knew her as a tomboyish type, to then further imagine her way of speaking.

      Although there are some specific phrases in chinese that do describe appendixes in introducing oneself, like this example:

      Person A: 朕 正是皇帝!! (chinese)

      Person A: I am the king!! (english, directly translated without subbing for first-person-appendices)

      Since 朕 means "I", but it is also meant for prestigious emperor usage of the word "I" exclusively only, it shd be changed to:

      Person A: For I, am the king!!

      (basd on sources i find online, lol. There isnt a royal word for I in english, except that in Britian, the queen says: "We are not amused" for example. Hence i took that in context here, and tried to sub it into a way that make his speech seem arrogant and important)

      source: icade.me/questions/1579

      Delete
  5. What is it with characters in the novels you translate having their houses burn down?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I guess you could say that the girl was






    ON FIAHHH

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment