Skip to main content

Ch 20 - What is a Yandere?


TL Note: I'll be slowing down progress for this series as the author is grammar-checking his chapters. Here's chapter 20, enjoy.

Chapter 20: Sealed Memories 1


When I've regained back my consciousness, I noticed that I'm actually sitting by the river, and my vision is fixed onto my small hands, and my small hands are currently adjusting the small paper boats floating on the river.

[Waitwaitwaitwaitwait? I remembered that just earlier that I've fainted by the small wooden house within the forest? Where did this river and small paper boat came from??? And what's with my small hands??????]


Seeing "my" small hands again adjusting the small paper boats, I realized that the owner of these small hands should be above seven to eight years old, and through the reflection by the riverside, I noticed that it showed my face, albeit myself when I was around seven to eight years old.

[How is this possible!!!!!!!!!!! Did I became smaller?]

I wanted to scream, but my throat couldn't come out with any voice; I then wanted to wave my hands away to knock off these paper boats, and then I realized I can't move my hands too.

[Only being able to think to myself, huh....... This is too shocking already, I can't really believe that this sort of thing would happen, and this kind of feeling feels like as if my soul had went into another's person body, exactly what is going on here!!]

Occasionally feeling "my" hands playing the paper boats accidentally scraping across the cool water surface, "my" body trembled; it was a kind of comforting feeling, when suddenly a childish-like voice floated from my back: "Hiroto, why did you secretly come out to play again, you'll believe that I'll tell tou- and kaa- san on you?"

Watching "my" small hands continuing to fiddle with the small paper boats, I felt my tiny mouth mumbling: "Baaakaa Asaka, always telling on me."

[Asaka nee-chan!!!! Here????]

"I've said many times already, don't call me baka! I am your nee-chan!!" From my back floated Asaka's childish-like voice.

"Baaka Asaka, Baaaka Asaka, Baaakaa Asaka, Baaaaka Asaka......................."

"Hiroto y-y-y-y-y-y-youu, waaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh-I-want-to-tell-tou-and-kaa-san-that-you-bullied-me-waaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!" Asaka then knelt onto the ground, burying her face into her knees and started wailing.

Feeling myself that is currently playing paper boats having a grin slowly forming onto my face, "I" quickly took one of the small paper boats floating on the water and turned around, saying to Asaka: "All right, all right, don't cry, Asaka, Hiroto will give you this small paper boat to play ~~"

Little Asaka then raised her face from her knees, gently rubbing her eyes that had cried until it became sore with redness, as her white tender cheeks had a slight trace of blush redness in them.

Seeing her face like that, I felt that as if the me currently and this "me" had became one together.

"Really? Hiroto is so good hehehe." Still kneeling on the ground, Asaka immediately stopped crying and smiled as she stretched her hands to grab the small paper boat that "I" was holding onto.

Seeing Asaka's hands about to reach the small paper boat, "I" quickly retracted back my hands, causing Asaka to fall forward in surprise.

"Asaka no bakaaa, Hahahahahahahaaaaaaaaa, come and get it ~" "I" clutched my stomach with one hand as I pealed in laughter.

"Hiroto you!!!!! If I get it then would you give me the small paper boat?" Asaka puffed out her cheeks in childish anger while saying so.

"Of coooourse, if you can get it then I'll give yooouu~"

Asaka pounced forward, and started to chase after "me" while trying to snatch the paper boat, as "I" kept running around in circles, holding the paper boat up high while saying Asaka is a biiiigg baaaka this sort of thing repeatedly.

Asaka kept chasing after "me" closely while running in circles, all the way till the riverbank; still holding onto the paper boat, "I" realized that there wasn't anywhere else to run.

"Hiroto, you can't run anywhere already, now give me the small paper boat to play." Asaka said with a slight pleadingful tone.

"If you can get it then I'll give you." "I" tried to show off to Asaka by waving the paper boat a few times.

"I....... I will definitely get it."

After that, Asaka pounced forward furiously towards the paper boat that "I" was holding onto.

"I" quickly turned and dodged, easily avoiding Asaka's pounce.

"Asaka big baka, be careful the water there is deep!!!!" Suddenly remembering something, "I" quickly reminded Asaka.

But Asaka couldn't stop in time, seeing as she was about to fall into the river, "I" turned around just in time to had eye-to-eye contact with her, her eyes having fear in them.

"Hiroto save me"

In the nick of time, "I" managed to grab her hand, wanting to pull her upwards, but because my body was still young and didn't have that much strength in "me" yet, "I" got carried by Asaka's momentum and fell into the river together.

The cold icy water, and water pressure made my heart uncomfortable. The deep black-darkness inside the water gave off an uncomfortable feeling of fear; and during the moments of me falling down my brain suddenly became even more alert, accompanied by the panic of swallowing in water, as well as the loss of oxygen in our bodies. Since human beings by nature cannot drown all the way below nor float above water naturally; the current situation is like having your head positioned just perfectly below water, but your entire body is still floating near the water surface, unlike what televisions had shown that people were able to scream for help as my breath was lost out in the process. Feeling weak from all this torment, "I" struggled my arms around wildly in the water, uselessly flapping it around without any thinking, for "I" can't get the thought that "I" might die out of my head, and for someone to save me, up to the point where "I" don't even have the conscious to remember how to breath. Only the most basic feeling of wanting to live.

Noticing a struggling Asaka not far from my position, just that moment, my only thought was that "I" must save Asaka; and after flapping about violently, using the water current's momentum, "I" floated along to beside Asaka, while grabbing her struggling hands, firmly holding her hands without letting go and continued to held on, just like that, Asaka seemed to notice that "I" was grabbing onto her; she very slightly opened up her tightly closed eyes, and after seeing me in the clear transparent water, she smiled sadly at me, as her very last bubble of air escaped from her smile and floated to the water surface.

This moment seemed to be an eternity, and as "I" also lost all air within my lungs "I" still firmly held onto Asaka hands, plunging deep into the water's abyss.



- ch 20 end -


TL: Dayum, I just realized how hard it is to try to word it such that it seemed childish in the way they speak. Don't you find Asaka adorable? In case your wondering, I'm an Asaka supporter :p

P/N: Have you read the Valentine day's Specials? I suggest you do! It's when on Valentine day, the author let his readers vote on which character to pick for to have a "date" with Hiroto. The candidates are, for example, Asaka, Miwa, Mosuki, etcetc. The author vote for Asaka btw. XD

Quick word meanings:

no : it doesn't mean "no" in english, but this italic no represents the japanese word, which simply means "+". Example, Asaka no baka = Asaka + baka, or simply put, Asaka baka!

baka : this is a 'cute' way to say "stupid" in japanese.

Comments

  1. Wew. Will the next chapter explain why asaka turn on to yandere. Thx for the chapter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just want to ask, is those jp form from the Author or you added them?
    Thanks for the chapter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. some prefixed like -chan, -ojou and certain phrases are defined clearly by the author.

      baka in this instance, can be intepreted in both jp or chinese, there is no clear distinction between the two other than writing it down.

      To make this point clear, if I was to type baka now, you would know it is a japanese word, because the word baka is not english at all. But the chinese- translation of baka is also called "stupid" in chinese, which made the paradox here, because it isn't 100% defined by the author whether he is using the japanese word or the chinese word.

      Since this novel is set in a japanese setting, I chose the japanese word instead. Hopefully you'll understand my intentions to do so!

      Delete
    2. and throughout the novel I had to make many difficult decisions like these -______-", so tiring

      Delete

Post a Comment