Skip to main content

Ch 22 - What is a Yandere?

Sup, wk here.

This is just a reminder, but the author will be revamping some earlier chapters, and my translation of the revamped ones will be, for example, "Ch1(new)"

Also, a good small news is that the author added in Sealed Memories 5.
(After reading it, I was like.... Hiroto share the same traits as the guy protagonist from Love Dependency Disease, ain't he. *pitying face*)

This would likely mean that VOL 2 of the series, Sealed Memories will be likely intact (not revamped). Hooray. I get to TL less stuff. 😅😜

Also, hilariously doing this for laughs only, I placed the web novel into a MTL and saw this:

Wow, MTL really is off the track with their translations arent they.


Well, that's just a short rant... -3-
*grumbles about ch205 of SMO after reading it earlier today*

Thanks to SoushiYC for helping to clean this chapt and providing the renames of the wierdish sounding names of the Takeno houseservants into their JP form 😁

Chapter 22 - Sealed Memories 3


Suddenly Asaka stopped licking, as she climbed off my body and sat onto the grass, staring at me with a red blush on her face.

I then got back to my senses, and shouted at her loudly: "Asaaaaka you big baka!!! Aaaaaaaaahhhhh my first kiss, how could you that to a male boy who's only seven to eight years old!"

"This is...... this is only to thank Hiroto earlier for saving me in the river." Asaka lowered her head blushingly as she gripped the hems of her blue strapped blouse, while fidgeting as she said.

"We're siblings, we can't kiss each other.... and if kissing counts as a form of thanks, then you'll need to kiss a lot of people already."

"N-no, n-no, I'll only do that to Hiroto......... this is just a form of thanks......"

"Even if it's a form of thanks, then why did you keep licking my lips for such a long period of time!!!"

After that Asaka acted like she didn't hear what I had said, instead she stood up, walked to the front of the stone monument and knelt down; I suddenly remembered about my punishment and began following suit too.

Seeing Asaka's exquisite side face, I noticed that she's intently reading the words on the stone monument.

"Asaka no baka, I say could you read the words on top of it? I can never understand them, and it gave me a headache when I've read too much of them."

"I only know that it wrote some past events on top......"

"Baaka."

Hearing our breaths as well as the wind blowing across the grassy ground sounds, suddenly made me feel that everything is so peaceful and serene; even the fear I had earlier on the varying shapes of the trees had suddenly became rather cute.

Forgetting the time, I lifted my eyes to notice that the sky had already begun to reveal it's potted white belly.

"Hiroto, look it's sunrise~ It's still my first time seeing such a thing, it looks so nice." Asaka stretched her hands, pointing towards the shallow skyline as she smiled at me.

"Mm, it looks nice.... well since the sun had came out, let's head back then."
I managed to barely stand up whilst supporting my knee, and after slapping my knee a few times to ensure the feeling of soreness had disappeared from kneeling the entire night, I stretched my arms lazily as i turned to notice Asaka still crookedly sitting on the ground with teary eyes staring towards her knee.

"Asaka no big baka, who asked you to act cool, accompanying me for the entire night."

"Hiroto............" Wronged, Asaka had her eyes reddening alarmingly fast; she bit her lips in order not to let her tears drip out.

"Come here, big baka, climb onto me, I'll carry you back."

"Really! Hiroto!!!"

"What are you still dazing around for, hurry up unless you want me to leave you here alone and going back myself."

I struggled to carry Asaka as i walked on the path along the back hills , while panting i still noticed that there's still a long stretch of road beneath the hills.

"Hiroto, why don't I climb down and walk myself."

"No!! How can I let an injured girl walk by herself!!"

I tried to act cool and persevered on, as I walked slowly with unsteady steps along the pathway.

"Hiroto is sooo goood eheheheh." Asaka rested her head on my back and said.

"Laughing like that makes you look like an idiot, sheesh."

"Did not!!!"

Along the way throughout I kept on talking with Asaka, and my attention had completely been distracted; by the time I've reached home and laid onto bed my clothing had completely been drenched with sweat, while Asaka sat beside me, using a napkin to tenderly wipe the sweat off my face.

Suddenly Kazai rushed into my room, and shouted to me lying on the bed: "WAKA-SAMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

(TL: Kazai is japanese for "Fire")

I always felt rather annoyed towards Kazai's fiery temperament, and said: "Kazai, can you lower your volume every time you called for me."

"I'm sorry waka-sama, but this is really an urgent matter, I'll need to bring ojou-sama away, today is the day of choosing the shrine maiden, and only Asaka is not present right now."

(TL: nah, i won't be using miko (japanese word for shrine maiden))

Asaka slapped her head like she had just remembered something and said: "Ah, today is the day of choosing the shrine maiden, it's very important.

Feeling a little tired, I said: "Then Asaka you'll just go ahead, I'm feeling a little tired, after I've woken up from a short nap I'll go look for you."

"Mm, mm. Then Hiroto you must quickly come find me then~"

"All right, all right." Waving my hand lazily towards Asaka to imply for her to go, I then shut my eyes wanting to have a good sleep.

And I heard Kazai leaving from the room with a "PANG PANG PUNG PUNG"

(TL: those are noisy footsteps sounds made from Kazai)

sounds, which made me feel quite annoyed, I then plugged my ears up with my fingers and afterwards accidentally went into deep sleep.

When I've woken up again, it's already afternoon, and it was Mokuzai's knocking that had woken me up.

"Waka-sama you had slept quite enough already, Master had given me orders that I must supervise you eating these dishes." Mokuzai placed some rice and vegetables on the table before standing aside while respectfully watching me.

"Whaat, even to go so far as to watch me eat, oh yeah... How's the shrine-maiden process going along for Asaka." Scratching my head, I jumped down from my bed and walked towards the table, grabbing a pair of chopsticks and the bowl of rice as I subconsciously asked Mokuzai.

"Ojou-sama is doing well so far, along with Second-Master's daughter she entered into the finales of the test, except......."

"Second oji-san's daughter huh? The one who was being said of being a demon? And what do you mean by except, can't you say your sentence finish in a single breath?"

I ate my food as i spoke to Mokuzai.

"Except that the final test is unassuringly difficult......"

Quickly finishing my meal I had became rather lazy, I gave a burp and looked at Mokuzai while asking: "Oh~ difficult in where?"

Mokuzai gave a gloomy expression as he said: "It's to stay in the small hut, in the forest near the back of the hills for three days without eating or drinking."

"Eehh, without eating or drinking for three days, that's rubbish, what if Asaka starves because of this stupid test, who exactly set this stupid test in the first place?"

"It was the Takane's first generation of Masters that designed it, and it already had a few hundred years of history...... saying that the purpose is to test the shrine maiden's endurance.

I became rather speechless, what else could i further say about our ancestors test that they had set, when suddenly a bright idea flashed across me: "Mokuzai, beside that small hut is there anyone guarding it."

"Yes, there's a patrol doing surveillance every two hours, why does waka-sama want to ask this for?" Mokuzai asked with an expression of confusion on his face.

I sniggered as I said: "Of course it's to give Asaka some food to eat, Mokuzai you'll definitely help me on this one right."

Mokuzai upon hearing this became rather shocked and he frantically shook his hands: "Waka-sama this...... this can't be done........ if Master knows then the consequences will be severe."

"What's wrong with this, if you don't say it, and I don't say it, who else would know about this? If we don't give Asaka something to eat, she'll definitely starve to death..... please Moookuzai nii-san, normally you'd always loved me and Asaka nee-chan, please please help us just this once." I hastily blinked my eyes and pleaded with Mokuzai with a tone of moeness.

(TL: "cute" doesn't totally fit in at all, i subbed in moe to show that Hiroto is trying to cuddle up to someone. "Act cute" could be a form of scolding in english, so, naah.
Quick meaning: moe is extremely cute-like in japanese)


"Waka-sama, just call me Mokuzai will do, I......... will only help waka-sama just this once, only this once!" Mokuzai became exasperated and agreed upon seeing me trying to sell moe.

"Woo yay, thanks Mokuzai, then let's wait till the sky gets dark before setting off, this time the plan shall be known as <Hiroto feeding mission> !!!"


- ch 22 end -


(<1.7k words to tl)

Comments

  1. Hmmm, Doesn't Hiroto know his own age?

    "I then got back to my senses, and shouted at her loudly: "Asaaaaka you big baka!!! Aaaaaaaaahhhhh my first kiss, how could you that to a male boy who's only seven to eight years old!"

    Also, can I just say, this version of the siblings I quite enjoy. PS: So, were they adopted or something? Cuz the parents Asuka killed don't seem like their real parents.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe Asuka killed everyone in the family before being adopted hahahahah

      Delete
    2. About the issue regarding the parents, notice the difference in the child Hiroto and the teenager Hiroto, their family nicknames. This would likely mean at one point in time he was adopted into another family~

      And yeah, Hiroto phrased his age weirdly but that's how the author wrote it

      Delete
    3. surnames*, not nicknames ~.~~ i must be too tired

      Delete
  2. This is definitely a flag that something really bad will happen because of hiroto's useless meddling

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment