Skip to main content

Re:Yandere ch1


Chapter 1: A youth's life is in vain if he does not 8th-grader syndrome

TL: flarewk😅

It's said that the 8th-grader syndrome arose during the period of puberty around middle school.

The gradual forming of one's self-conscious and abnormal childish thoughts are intertwined together in a mess; it's a syndrome that only a few fools would exhibit.

Plus, those fools will eventually wake up one day, themselves agonized during midnight hours of their night time, becoming embarrassed to the max due to their sudden recollection of their past actions.

8th-grader syndrome!

Once had 8th-grader syndrome!

That's right, I once had 8th-grader syndrome!

As expected, it's a necessity for important things to be said three times!

The past me, huh......

Just as expected, I had better beg that me who was in middle school year 1, 2, and 3, to quickly go and die no matter what.

Carefully thinking back on how I contracted 8th-grader's syndrome, it's expectedly due to me reading and watching too much light novels and animes, often at times dreaming, that I had become an exceptional hero.

And hence had felt that I seemed to not be a normal person then!!

Speaking in simple terms, the resulting events was that I'm just too overly conscious, coupled along with those dreams which kept occurring continuously. The stubborn plus ecstatic me felt that I'm not a normal person then, for the interior of my body must have some unknownst and mysterious power concealed within.

Furthermore, I once believed that as long as my bestest male friend 『Yan Yebo』 died, and that if I gave off a howl afterwards.......

「Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!」

While at the same time enacting out a toilet sitting, power-concentrating pose.

I would thus, because of my good friend's death, ignite the true potential that's inside of my body, and from then would therefore formally metamorphose myself out from being a normal person.

Actually, I had also considered back then whether if my family member's death could also ignite out my potential, but as expected, I still couldn't bear to do it.

Letting my father, mother and younger sister die in exchange for igniting my potential; the price to pay were indeed too tremendous.

But if it's my good friend『Yan Yebo』......

Mmm, just as I've thought, it's fine like that.

Thinking back to those thoughts in the past, I only wanted to apologize to my good buddy『Yan Yebo』.

I'm really sorry.......

Although back then, I really wished that minions from the mysterious evil organizationZERO, which I've imagined, would suddenly appear one day to capture me.

And in order to agitate me, they would even ravage you right in front of me before killing you thereafter......

I'm sorry, my good buddy........

Even though there's not much guilt within my heart at all, I still want to apologize to you.

During my second year of middle school when my 8th-grader's syndrome was at its most severe peak, due to myself thinking that the name『Linze』was too dull, I as a result endowed myself a name known as『Demise of Premature Extinction』.

It's worth mentioning that back then, I forced the people around me to use the title『Demise of Premature Extinction』to address me.

Also, during my middle school's 2nd year second semestral exam paper, I filled in『Demise of Premature Extinction』as well in the name column area.

The teachers naturally reprimanded me after discovering it, but due to myself being so obstinately stubborn, they could only haplessly gave up on me afterwards.

Later on, the situation which resulted from that was......

All of my middle school teachers that taught me, when after finishing marking and handing out the papers, they wouldn't address me by my name,Linze.

They would instead, right in front of everyone in class, directly call me out as『Demise of Premature Extinction』over to collect the papers which its marking completed.

Back then, I even regarded all of those indescribable smiles upon those teachers faces as their submission towards me.

And as such, I was quite proud of myself for quite a while, and became even more overbearing afterwards.

Furthermore, I even used a white-colored liquid paper to color over the wordLinzethat was on my middle school's student identification card, and used a black-colored pen to write the name『Demise of Premature Extinction』on top of it.

Notwithstanding, I even ratified my middle school's student identification card with a brand new name!『Identification of True Name』.

What the heck is the『Identification of True Name』, and why would I find that『Identification of True Name』so attractive back then. As expected, just go and die, the me back then.

Me back then, I really really want to beg you to just go and die!!

Not only that, I even self-righteously thought that I'm like the male characterShiyoufrom a certain anime, being similarly aHero of Justice, always sticking myself into situations where I see it being unjust.

And hence caused myself to be afflicted with an body of scars, which was even more of a foolish act to the max.

Even though it'll all be good had I just used my smartphone to call the police, but no, I stubbornly felt that only my own power could resolve everything.

Aaaahhhh, it's really embarrassing to the limits, why must the me back then even come out with my own theme song and lines when I arrive upon the scene to serve justice.

As I didn't know how to use musical instruments, the arrival theme song was all the more sung out from my throat based on my feelings.

After that awfully sounding, subtly-toned arrival theme, I then opened my mouth to yell out those lines.

My body is made out of swords.
 My blood is of iron and my heart of glass.
 I have overcome countless battlefields.
 Not even once retreating,
 Not even once being victorious.
 The bearer lies here alone, forging iron in a hill of swords.
 Thus, my life needs no meaning.
 This body is made out of infinite swords.」

Was it really alright to be copying the lines of Red Shiyou.

Especially after when I smugly and charmingly said out that speech, the abnormal silence that prevailed upon the scene thereafter, thinking back onto it now, they must have been shocked speechless by the foolish me last time.

Contrary to what it was, it was only me who had presumed that they were stunned by my imposing manner.

Linze who was in recollection of past events, upon remembering up to this point immediately begun to roll around left and right on his bed, exploiting these actions in order to resolve those internal feelings of him wanting to die.

「So embarrassing......so embarrassing......so embarrassing......」

But it seemed that doing these still weren't sufficient, hence Linze immediately flipped upwards sitting on his bed, and used his head to repeatedly smack against the wall.

「Forget about it......forget about it......just forget about iittt!!」

「What are you doing, big bro, the farewell dinner is all prepared already. Speaking of which, it's your 16 years old birthday today as well. Hurry up and come down.」

The summons of Linze's younger sister,【Linling】emerged from outside the door.

However, the current Linze did not care about his younger sister, instead still letting the top of his head have intimate contacts with the wall alongside the bedding.

Seeing no response from Linze, Linling once again called out towards the room.

「Hurry up and come down to eat, how many times do you want me to call you. Oh, right, I remember......」

As Linling spoke, she gave off a cough, and Linze who heard that cough of Linling seemingly remembered about something as he instantly had his entire body giving off a shudder.

「The darkness which was sealed, ahh! The gigantic doors of desire......」

Damn it, this person actually!!!

Linze immediately leapt up from his bed, and strode quickly over towards the door of his room.

As expected, those stuff known as 'real-life younger sister', it's just that infuriating.

Those stories that contained sister-obsession, a large majority of them definitely must be foolish minions who didn't have a real sister.

It's the same logic as when being in love. During the period before a person is attached, having a crush would seem like a dream, with themselves dreaming that everything about the other party would be just so perfect.

But after going out with that person, it'll be the moment of waking up from their dreams, and those delusions definitely would be crushed outright from the bottom up.

A true, real sister, wouldn't be that creature which displays an adorable and cute impression everyday, as their minds were saturated full with innocence.

Instead, they would snatch away your allowance in an upright and just manner, plus your PC would even be secretly used to carry out similar acts of despicability. In short, real sisters were just untamable, ferocious creatures.

Just as Linze opened up his room door, the school uniform cladded Linling appeared right in front of him.

The current Linling donned a cleanly combed ponytail.

It needed to be said, that with regards to Linling's looks, Linze would still need to dish out praises onto it.

Even though we are siblings from the same mom and dad, why would the difference between us be that huge.

Linling's looks are rather exquisite, while as for mine, it's extremely normal.

Perhaps this would be what they call being blessed by heaven.

About the point of having the same bloodline as hers, Linze is extremely sure that Linling is his biological sister, and if there's someone who suspected his mother, who frequently works abroad, of having an affair.

Linze would definitely become enraged, giving that person who had that suspicion a ferocious beating.

Seeing Linze opening his room door, a delighted expression appeared on Linling's face.

「Just as I thought! I knew that the【Ultimate Copper Door-lock Opening Incantation】that big bro taught me in the past will be the most useful already. As expected, it's the quickest way to just use the【Ultimate Copper Door-lock Opening Incantation】to ask big bro on having his meal.」

His younger sister was still that scheming as usual, just like what Linze had expected.

Don't mention about anything else, just from the fact that his sister, Linling purposefully saying the【Ultimate Copper Door-lock Opening Incantation】phrase twice, and hence on that using it to make fun of himself, he is able to deduce that his sister is definitely evil-hearted.

Speaking of which, the【Ultimate Copper Door-lock Opening Incantation】, that thing which causes people to feel abnormally embarrassed, it in actuality is a remaining creation back from his 8th-grader's days.

The himself back then, due to being fearful that the mysterious evil organizationZERO】, which he imagined out himself would suddenly ambush him, gave his room an additional defense association, one that is being protected by the【Copper Door-lock Enchantment】.

As long as he stays within the absolute defensive environment of the【Copper Door-lock Enchantment】, voices would absolutely never be able to enter, as the【Copper Door-lock Enchantment】directly shifts his room into an alternate dimension.

If one desires on letting voices be pierced through the【Copper Door-lock Enchantment】, they must chant the【Ultimate Copper Door-lock Opening Incantation】that he wrote himself.

Thinking back to it now, the himself back then wasn't just listed on the charts of 8th-graderness, it had practically swept past Asia and had shot high up out of the earth already.

「I thought I said to never use『that incantation』any more when asking me to go have my meal.」

Just like that, Linze instantly gave a loud gripe towards his sister Linling.

「Who asked you to not respond to me when I asked you earlier. As expected, it's still the quickest way to use the【Ultimate Copper Door-lock Opening Incantation】to ask big bro to have your meal.」

Linling had a smile affixed to her face as she said towards Linze.

His sister as expected is evil-hearted within; it's indefinitely not a flawed judgement.

Once again, Linze's mind affirmed that very thought.

「I'll head down after packing up my room. I know that you'll be transferring to the neighboring city's school early in the morning tomorrow for your 8th grade, so I definitely won't be late coming downstairs.」

「Mmh. Then be quicker alright, since my good friend【Yanyan】came here as well. I don't want my good friend who specially came to send me off to have a long wait, got it? Big bro.」

Linze definitely knew who's the【Yanyan】that was mentioned by Linling, she's a girl whose name is 【Xu Yanyan】.

She seemed to be his sister's best friend in class from elementary to middle school, and had always came to his house to play, though the opportunity for Linze and Xu Yanyan to converse wasn't that much in all.

As a result, Linze didn't know much about Xu Yanyan; he only knew that she was a good friend of his sister, and personality-wise she's an extremely quiet and well-behaved child.

After finishing having her dialogue said to Linze, Linling immediately planned to turn around and head downstairs.

「Hold on......」

Linze suddenly opened up his mouth, calling out to Linling.

「What's the matter, big brother?」

Linling's head spun around.

「Umm.......umm, did you like the farewell gift that I gave you.」

「Ahh, that huh. Really, it's just for the sake of me being able to go to a better school that I and daddy went to the neighboring city's【Furtherance classes】to temporarily study for half a year, it's not like as if we won't be seeing each other anymore too. It's just like you to think up of giving me a farewell gift.」

After having finished griping, Linling turned her head around and walked towards the stairs.

Linze just wanted to gave off a begrudging remark, but heard Linling saying.

「But, thanks alot, big bro.」

「Mmm. Remember to study hard after going to the neighboring city, alright.」

「Enough educating me already, compared to you, my studying ability is better after all.」

In a blink of an eye, Linling went down trailing the stairs, while Linze, after helplessly giving off a shrug, spun around to continue packing up his room.




TL: dang, completely englishifying a webnovel feels a bit weird to me somehow...I feel like I'm watching yugioh english dub everything the word 'big brother' appears.

Glossary
Demise of Premature Extinction: The name implies that he is a hero that destroys all which causes the early occurrence of death to creatures. The funny part is that it is an ironic statement....(from what you can guess through reading the novel summary)

Comments

  1. I advise to not read this novel until there's like 10+ chapters. The buildup is slow after all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and just in time for my summer break, how thoughtful of you. keep up the great work

      Delete
  2. hoping to accumulate chapters to read! Good luck with your translation xD

    ReplyDelete
  3. finally our group casting spe finally took effect and our Flare has been revived , hail god hail anime hail OTAKU!!!
    P.S if u can add prologue 3 to synethasis and new chapter to jeopardy

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you for the chapters, and welcome back :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks flare, I will wait for more chapters.


    ReplyDelete
  6. You're back, thats awesome. You're translations are great and you translate interesting stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just correction, it was no shiyou it was shirou, from fate stay night anime,

    You should use the more familiar translation about the spell too,

    This one,

    My body is made out of swords.
    My blood is of iron and my heart of glass.
    I have overcome countless battlefields.
    Not even once retreating,
    Not even once being understood.
    He was always alone, intoxicated with victory in a hill of swords.
    Thus, his life has no meaning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes that is correct, shirou is the correct name. I modified the name to indicate a 'error' for avoiding copyright just like how the original text does it.

      can I have the link for where you got the spell? I wasn't able to find it so I translated it from scratch using raws as comparison

      Delete
    2. http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Unlimited_Blade_Works

      there are 2 version of the spell

      Delete
    3. thanks! I'll take a look after finishing 11 and 12!

      Delete

Post a Comment