Skip to main content

RE:Yandere ch22


Chapter 22: Making dinner

TL: flarewk

After using the keys to open up the doors of his home, Linze casually yet instinctively pressed onto the switch located beside the porch, with the house immediately due to the lights being turned on, becoming illuminated as a result.

Currently, the entire house appeared to be in a slight mess. To be honest, Linze indeed hadn't tidied up the house during these few days.

Although it wasn't Linze intentions on finding an excuse for himself, it actually was primarily due to Xu Yanyan, as Linze evidently didn't have the mood to tidy up the house during these few days.

If it's the norm, though he didn't have any cleaning ocd, Linze felt that no matter how heavy his school load was, forget about the dust, he at least wouldn't tolerate having a number of trash be scattered around the hallway.

Letting people see the home which he lived in being extremely messy, Linze suddenly felt a little embarrassed.

「Sorry, it's because during these few days there aren't any visitors coming to my house, hence I've neglected to clean up, please allow me to tidy these up. Speaking of which, after my dad and sister have left, you're the first person who are invited to my home.」

As Linze spoke he hastily changed into the slippers that he wore indoors, trailing along the hallways of the porch entering the living room, afterwards went into the kitchen which was connected with the living room on the first floor of the house.

After placing the bags of ingredients on the kitchen cabinet counter, Linze immediately picked up a broom lying at a corner, intending to start carrying out a simple clean up of the living room and the hallway.

Seeing Linze in a frantic manner made Xu Yanyan softly give off a chuckle.

「Big brother Linze, I'll come help you clean up too. I remember that the dust cleaning cloth in this house should be at.......」

As she spoke, Xu Yanyan went from the porch into the living room, seemingly intending to enter the kitchen to look for the cloth.

「If it's about the cleaning, I really don't need your help.」

Letting the guest Xu Yanyan to help him clean up the room's hygiene, Linze had never wanted that to happen.

Because that would seem to be too much of a discourtesy already.

「Yanyan, the food ingredients we purchased today are quite an amount, it's better for you to first start making dinner. I can be eagerly looking forward to after when I've finished the cleaning up, I'll be able to taste the delicious meal that you've made.」

Hearing Linze's words, Xu Yanyan appeared to be extremely motivated.

「Since Big brother Linze already said it like that, I understand. Then I'll be doing my best, the utensils in the kitchen, can I just use them?」

Xu Yanyan asked.

「Mm, of course. If it's the knives, they are at the knife stand on the counter. For other small utensils like the peeler, they are at the extreme left drawer of the kitchen cabinet.」

After Linze finished saying those words to Xu Yanyan, he immediately started on tidying up the house.

The trash and dust in the house actually weren't considered to be a lot, hence Linze very quickly had everything smoothly tidied.

A small-sized trash bag was packed to the brim with a number of rubbishes, followed by Linze tying up the trash bag.

Currently, the kitchen already had delicious scents wafting out of it, it seemed that Xu Yanyan had already started to cook the dishes.

「It smells so nice.」

At that moment Linze had already thrown the trash bag by the porch, and was walking towards the kitchen.

Through the opened kitchen doors, Linze saw the back figure of Xu Yanyan who's currently making dinner.

Xu Yanyan was presently wearing a plain colored apron, with her appearance considerably looking to be slightly like a housewife.

Linze leaned by the sides of the kitchen doors, saying towards Xu Yanyan.

「What a fragrant smell.」

「Big brother Linze, you've already finished the cleaning that quick huh.」

Xu Yanyan continued on cooking the dishes, with her head not even turned around as she spoke to Linze.

It seemed like her attention was fully placed on the frying pan in front of her.

「It's just merely tidying up the first floor, and also, my house isn't a trash pile too, so cleaning it up naturally will be fast.」

Linze currently had his attention affixed on Xu Yanyan's posture when she used the frying pan to flip cooking the vegetables, he felt that it really looked rather authentic.

「Yanyan, do you often help out at home doing the housework, why do I feel that you're rather skilful.」

「Yes, during my school holidays, I'm always at home helping out with the household chores. So it's not only just cooking, I'm quite skilled too even if it's other household chores.」

「How about washing the clothes.」

Linze suddenly thought up of something, questioning Xu Yanyan as such, saying.

「Although my house currently use an all-purpose washing machine, the clothes that I hand-washed are also very clean.」

「Then how about sewing, you can't have known how to do it.」

「Actually, I'm quite skilled at it if it's sewing, that's back then on my visit to grandma's house during my holidays; it's my grandma who taught it to me. Be it a plain stitch, back stitch, 压缝 and so on, I knew all of the sewing techniques, even though when compared to grandma my skills are way off in any case.」

(TL: i have no idea what kind of knitting form is a 压缝, it means pressure stitching but I can't find any info about it)

Hearing that Xu Yanyan was actually even able to sew, Linze to be frank was extremely surprised.

Since in today's society, the speed of material developments were simply too quick. Normally, if there are tears on old clothes, they would just be thrown away.

In the grown-up homes of many cities, there would even not have any sewing kits present at all, and as such, one can see the level of deprecation for these handicrafts.

Especially for a girl like Xu Yanyan, and about her knowing handicrafts and so on, Linze had completely not thought about it at all.

「It's simply too impressive.」

Linze uncontrollably praised Xu Yanyan, saying.

「Next time, you'll definitely be a good wife and mother.」

Linze praised.

Xu Yanyan upon hearing Linze's praise, used her left hand to clutch her face.

「R, really. Big brother Linze, do you really think so.」

Xu Yanyan's body became stiffened.

「Of course, I sincerely do think so. I feel that currently it's very rare to find a girl like you.」

After Linze finished saying that sentence, he paused for a moment before continuing to speak.

「But for now I won't be disturbing your cooking, I'll still need to tidy up my room.」

「Mm.」

Xu Yanyan softly nodded her head.

Seeing Xu Yanyan responding to him, Linze didn't hold any thoughts on continuing to stay within the kitchen. He hastily went upstairs and returned to his room.


Comments

  1. Each chapter leaving me on the edge wanting more! Many thanks for translating this, im stoked for the upcoming chapters.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment