Skip to main content

Yandere princesses ch1

Chapter 1: By the time I see this letter, I'm already dead


TL: flarewk


【My name is Lin·Kleist, and by the time I see this letter I'm already dead.】

【It's both my blessing and curse to have had a special constitution, and this time... I failed.】

【I can't accept that. I'm not willing to accept being put in such torturous situations having every last droplet of my blood sucked dry. I'm also not able to accept their betrayal.】

(TL: 'their' in this case refers to a female group)

【I must seize this only opportunity of survival, but the current me does not believe whatsoever that is written on this letter. Perhaps the diary hidden in the second book on the third column of the first princess's shelf will be able to tell me the answer.】

Gazing at the letter which suddenly appeared on the table, Lin initially suspected that he was hallucinating. He placed down the cup holding red tea from his hand and picked up the letter,  scrutinizing it carefully.

The handwriting on it was his. The color was bright red, akin to blood; very uncomfortable looking.

"......Could it be that someone is using magic to make fun of me?"

Skimming and folding over the letter a number of times, from every aspect of contact it felt like it was something that truly exists.

To him, the probability of a grand wizard playing pranks on him doesn't add up.

He's a child that was adopted by the king, and although his status indicated him of being the third prince, grudgingly befitting the title of a noble, he belonged to that sort of sidelined character, having neither power nor influence.

The empire that Lin resided in wasn't large, with a population of merely 20 million. What's more, it had many undeveloped cities, hence it belonged to that category of small to medium-ish sized empire.

And to such an empire, the only thing worthy of attention would be the exchange of power.

"Poofff!!"

Exactly a minute later, the letter in Lin's hands vanished akin to like a puff of smoke, with no trace whatsoever of it having existed beforehand.

The expression in Lin's eye kept flickering: "Should I go take a look?"

He threw a glance at the door, it's been quite a while since the first princess, Louise·Kleist, have went out; she could be back at any moment's notice.

He peered towards the bookshelf. According to what the letter said, the diary should be at the third row.

As that alluring yet absolutely stunning figure came to mind, Lin recalled those strange gazes that the other party recently made towards him... those gazes must have contained indescribable expressions of emotions within.

Plus the other party's attitude towards him seemed to be more and more peculiar......

"What sort of decent person would write a diary... I'll just take a peek, just a peek!"

(TL: referenced a dated meme which is roughly about no one with a normal state of mind would write a diary because... well, it leaves your deepest thoughts aka potential secrets exposed.)

Lin ambled towards the bookshelf, he found that book as described on the letter, and took it down from the shelf.

"《The secrets of cooking, from novice to state of death》" Lin murmured. It sounded rather interesting in contrast.

(TL: the original phrase of "from novice to state of death" is another meme that refers to something that's so painfully difficult in progression that you actually rather die than doing it, context wise just think of 'state of death' as 'supremely impossible')

From the cover it appeared like it was a book about the culinary arts, but no matter what, Lin wasn't able to imagine Louise having any relation towards the kitchen at all; these are two completely unfitting frame of thoughts.

Flipping the thick book open, Lin noticed that its middle portion was hollowed out, and inside there laid a black diary.

Lin's eyebrow rose slightly. He didn't expect this to really be there, and by the looks of it the diary seemed to have been used for quite a while.

Teeth gritted, Lin decided to flip the diary open.

【Empire Year One, Year 22, February, 8. Clear weather.】

(TL: [Empire Year One] This means that the king has just freshly ascended to the throne, its in the midst of his first year)

【Today something big happened, Father brought a child home, and named him Lin.】

(TL: the Father here she referred to is by using a king's suffix, it's just how direct descendants of king/queens address their ruler)

【I know, I have a little brother now. He's only younger than me by 2 years, and he looked so adorable too. There seems to be some sort of atmosphere on him that made people feel affectionate .】

【But that affectionate sensation made some sort of greed rise in me. I don't know what that is, but instinctively, I hated him a little already.】

Seeing this first entry Lin's eyebrow deeply frowned. That year was the year that the king and queen found him, and he was only eight years old at that time.

He remembered that Louise indeed hadn't gave him any positive treatment at all back then... so it's all because of this.

But right now Louise clearly treated him very well, he even felt that she's more gentle than what a blood-related sister would be.

(TL: In here it could mean that a. he refers to his real blood-related sister or b. he refers to it as an expression - I went for expression because in this context it makes more sense) 

Holding back feelings of unease in his mind, Lin flipped to the next page.

【February, 14. Cloudy day.】

【I saw him again, that sort of feeling made me go crazy. This won't do, I'd better stay far away from him, if not, I won't be able to hold back my urges to eat him up.】

Swiftly flipping forward, Lin skipped over plenty of normal entries.

【Year 25, September 22. Light rain.】

【Today I overheard the conversation between Father and Mother, they said Lin's constitution is special. Drinking his blood will boost magic affinity, eating his flesh will increase magic proficiency, and using his bones will create equipments spoken of in legends.】

【They will sacrifice him after his coming of age. That would ensure the empire's talent and prosperity.】

【And the coming of age in the empire is 16 years old. I knew then, that the time he have left isn't much anymore.】

Lin's heart gave a jolt as he read up to this point, he didn't even know about that matter himself. He only knew that the couple never ever let him learn magic, citing his unsuitability, and that he would implode to his death if he ever picked it up.

He fervently flipped to the next page, wanting to know even more.

【September 23. Didn't go outside, no idea on what the weather is out there.】

【My feelings are convoluted. I realized that the strange emotions I had earlier was just my lust, I simply felt like eating him up.】

【I hate this about myself, and hate that about him.】

【Suddenly, I feel like eating him up, his blood must taste very delicious.】

Lin: ......

Unclear if it's feelings of sorrow or something else, he just felt that something within him broke.

【September 24. Sunny.】

【I slowly got close to him. He's such a good child with no sense of caution whatsoever. A pity that I'm such a bad girl】

【September 25, Sunny.】

【I gained his trust. Cutting his finger intentionally with a small knife, I used my mouth to help stop the bleeding, and got a taste of his fresh blood.】

【At that moment, I felt the magical elements surrounding me boiling.】

【I knew then, that I'll never be able to forget this taste anymore. I must have him!】

"Tak- Tak-"

As he was reading, Lin heard the sound of high-heeled shoes laying contact with the marbled floor. Judging from its location, Louise should be right outside the door.

With little time to spare, he placed the diary in the book, with the book placed back onto the shelf. By the time he finished, Louise coincidentally pushed the door open and walked in.

"Are you reading? If you see something you like feel free to browse through it~"

Followed by a pleasant and gentle voice, Louise walked towards Lin's side.

"Really, if that's the case please pardon me."

Squeezing out a grudging smile, Lin slowly turned around to look at her. 

Louise. This was a person who has the title of the most beautiful lady of the kingdom, and at her current age of eighteen she emanates some sort of charm unique to herself.

She had the perfect pretty face, even for Lin's standards, who was exposed to all aspects of beautiness. He's not able to cherry-pick any sort of flaw on them: attractive eyebrows akin to being drawn from an artwork, flawless porcelain skin, moist red yet soft supple cherry lips, with her face having a cold yet warming smile.

Even though those expressions normally wouldn't match up with one another, it surprisingly paired up well on her.

With velvety, pink hair casually yet whimsically spread out by her waistline, it expressed a sort of unconventional attitude that belonged to her.


-end-




TL: gg took me 4hours just for this, at my prime i could do it in 2.5~3hours... oh well ch2 tomorrow, and 3 if i'm not ded

Comments

  1. cool so gps indicated im from my neighboring country.. epic google

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the chapter Flare

    ReplyDelete
  3. And so it begins once again, thanks for the chapter

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the chapter

    ReplyDelete
  5. Return of the king!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the Chapter! also when the ch 2 release?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sucks to see you stop translating again after such a long break. I wish you the best though

    ReplyDelete
  8. Still remember the days when i was only in 8th grade reading your translations, and now iam going to college in a few months fuckk

    ReplyDelete
  9. hey just saying i picked up the translation of Yandere Princesses and am slowly working on it on flare's discord (which you can find on Site Map at the bottom) or at raenvasta dot blogspot dot com, we're already like 15 chapters in

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow thank you very much for picking this up!

      Delete

Post a Comment